Adding to the job description collections. This is definitely one of the positions that need a long list of skills.
Title: Data Analyst/Technical-Senior
Location: AZ – Phoenix
Length: 3 Months
- · Skills equivalent to 6-10 years in comparable position
- · Perform physical and or logical data modeling.
- · MIS Data Services team is looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual well versed in database architecture, systems analytics and ETL development methodologies.
- · As a member of the team, you will work directly with other MIS delivery teams to collect their data needs, identify data sources within the firm, coordinate with source systems to obtain data, create data models, document metadata, and guide development team through ETL development to make the data available for use within MIS.
- · Solutions will range from database object design, development, data loads, transformations, aggregations and SQL optimization techniques.
- · Data modeling experience on Data warehouse environment.
- · Working knowledge of ERWIN, Embarcadero or other industry data modeling tools.
- · Good understanding of data modeling in third normal form and star schema.
- · 5+ years demonstrated experience in systems development and requirements analysis. Informatica – PowerCenter (Version 8 and above) experience a plus.
- · Prior experience with ETL development in Teradata and/or Oracle a big plus Familiarity with Unix shell scripting and use of tools such sed, awk, crontab.
- · 5+ years of Advanced SQL experience. Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with business and technical teams. Self starter, with ability to multitask, mange priorities and work on multiple data projects in fast paced environment.