Job Description – BI Business Systems Analyst
I receive many job ads from recruiter. To try to understand the job descriptions for data analyst, I am going to collect some of them here in my blog.
Here is one with job title BI Business Systems Analyst.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent Management Information Systems Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience with Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Cognos, SAS, Informatica or Business Objects
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools a plus
- Experienced in development of reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc reports in these tools
- Experience with the Agile (Scrum) Development Framework
- Should have extensive SQL experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Must have an understanding of Business Intelligence and data warehousing fundamentals, excellent oral and written skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to Translate business questions and requirements into reports, cubes and dashboards
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence tool architectures, functions, and features
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
- Very Strong communication and problem-solving skills