Steps to Install Team Foundation Client
1. Download Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Workgroup Edition from MSDN.
2. Extract All Objects from ISOBuster
3. Run autorun.exe from the installation folder. Select Install Team Explorer. The product key is pre-built.
4. Open VS 2005. Under Tool, there should be a new option: Connect to Team Foundation Server.
5. Add the TFS server and select projects. There should be a new menu Team.
6. Select Tools/options/Source Control/Plug in Selections. Select Visual Studio Team
Foundation Server as Current Source Control plug-in:
7. Create folder on your PC some where called: SourceControl. This is where all your
source control items will be located on your computer.
8. Open Tram Explore. If it’s not open, go to View/Team Explorer.
9. Open Workspace from File/Source Control/Workspace
10. Add a workspace.
For the first time, you can select Get Latest Version for the entire folder or just the files you are interested in. You need to Get Latest Version in order to check out any files.